come on down!
- Surfing is one step closer to Paris 2024The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has approved the inclusion of surfing in the official sports program for the 2024 Olympic Games. Surfers will compete for gold, silver and bronze medals in Paris after making their Olympic debut in the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics. Paris 2024 had submitted its proposal to include breaking, sport climbing, skateboarding […]
- The best sandboarding dunes in the worldThey're the tallest, longest, and fastest in the world. Discover the best dunes for sandboarding. Whether you're standing up or lying down on your stomach, a sandboard can be your ticket to one of the most exciting inland sports experiences you'll ever have. If you're into surfing or snowboarding, sandboarding could be your next favorite […]
- Filipe Toledo and Sally Fitzgibbons win 2019 Oi Rio ProFilipe Toledo and Sally Fitzgibbons have taken out the 2019 Oi Rio Pro, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The finals day got underway in four-to-six-foot waves at Barrinha. Toledo locked in a back-to-back victory in front of thousands of surfing fans after defeating Jordy Smith. The Brazilian surfer ended up putting the South African in […]
- Okahina Wave: the floating atoll ready to revolutionize surfingThe Okahina Wave is a low-energy-consumption floating atoll that produces a long barreling wave every 15 seconds. The artificial wave concept is developed by Waveriding Solution, a company with headquarters in Bordeaux, France, and led by Laurent Hequily. Hequily and his multidisciplinary team conceived a light and flexible structure that can be installed in lakes, […]
- How to get water out of your earDo you need to get rid of water trapped inside your ear after a surfing session? Here are seven simple tips for draining fluid from the ear canal. It's uncomfortable, annoying, potentially harmful, and may get stuck there for days. The sensation of water in your ear is a common issue within the surfing, swimming, […]