V ome celebrate the 4th with us at Delray beach Watersports! It’s a great day for sailing and kayaking!
- Searching and rescuing with Karina Petroni in the path of Hurricane Dorian's destructionJust moments before I spoke with pro surfer and former Championship Tour (CT) campaigner Karina Petroni, she received a phone call that gave her some terrific news. Karina had spent the past day and a half working every angle at her disposal to expedite the shipment of an airplane part from Arizona to Elbow Cay, […]
- The evolution of the surf filmThe ocean has intensely affected me ever since I sat on the beach as a kid in Corona del Mar while my dad lifeguarded. My first film was about the esoteric sides of surfing - style and grace and art. Since most films had "surf" in their title, like "Surf Safari," "Surf Crazy," "Surf Fever," […]
- Humpback whale joins surfers and dolphins in the wavesA surf videographer from Western Australian filmed a juvenile humpback whale playing in the waves with surfers and dolphins. We all know dolphins love to surf. But when Alasdair Evans saw them catching a few waves, he decided to fly his drone up and capture the whole scene. "To my surprise, a large shadow appeared, […]
- France and South Africa share victory at 2019 Silver Dragon ShootoutThe 2019 Battle at the Silver Dragon, also known as the Silver Dragon Shootout, ended up with a draw. Nine teams from all corners of the globe have hit the waves of the world-renowned Qiantang River in the city of Hangzhou, China. Eighteen surfers battled it out in the famous Silver Dragon tidal bore for a […]
- Nicolas Marusa and Laura Haustein crowned 2019 Rapid Surf League championsThe second edition of the Rapid Surf League has come to an end. The stationary wave riding season concluded with the Rip Curl Langenfeld Pro, held at the Unit Surf Pool, in the heart of Germany. Expert riders arrived highly motivated from Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. Their goal was to reach as far as possible […]